View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Prissnboot

Originally Posted by Digitizingqueen
I friend of mine had something similar happen until someone told the receiver it was a handcrafted quilt she was thank profusely a few months later - you have to be of the mind set to give it as it is intended if they don't get it well don't give them another one - some people don't have any comprehension of what our time is worth or what it takes to make a quilt....- just hope they use it
I so totally agree with this comment - I labored intensely to make a quilt for my mother last Christmas, and she was usually my biggest cheerleader for anything I made, so it really surprised and saddened me when she didn't make a huge fuss over it like I kind of was looking forward to. I don't know if she was overwhelmed by it or if she was being as gracious as she could by accepting a crafted item that really wasn't her style...I put a lot of hard work into it including my first foray into the evil world of paper piecing and learned a lot from it, so all wasn't lost, but still....

Your quilt is yummy lovely wonderful and hopefully the recipient will come to appreciate it and grow up a bit in the process...