View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
plainpat

10 days ago I sent 2 tops, K size & twin size, to the LA quilter in another state.Have been doing this for 20yrs(same quilter),with never a problem
The quilter called to say it hadn't arrived...GULP....so that was Friday.No body knew anything till a man in a PO said it had the wrong Zip code on it.I knew better cause the PO clerk near us is a good friend & we always make sure the box is add right,postage paid etc.Then it's all typed by computer,checked again & sent.
I tried for a wk on the USPS "track & confirm" & got the same message every time...."no info available" .
Of course I was sick about it, so much work & a lot of $$$.

This morn, we went to local PO again & she got on ph,trying her best to track it down.They finally found it had arrived in wrong state......was then shipped to right state.At 3pm, the LA quilter called to say it had just got there.Big sigh of relief!!!!!

Even the PO couldn't say why it had arrived 3 states away from intended location.....nor could they say how they changed the Zip code to right one? The'd said it had wrong ZC....& they hadn't contacted us or local PO to get right one? Sounds ditzy to me, but thank heaven my quilts are ok.No more USPS for my quilts! BTW....even after delivery, their track/confirm site said no info available.