Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
mimom

this is the strangest story.

I went to an estate sale on thursday morning, they had some fabric in one room and in another was the most beautiful antique singer machine, you know the one with all the gold guilding. The wood looked to be in great shape I noticed the price was 125.00, more than I had at the time but I have always wanted one of these machines. then I saw the SOLD sign on it, so I let it be and paid for my stuff. Saturday I put some stuff from another sale up for sale in the classifieds, a woman bought some feedsack looking squares and some Ispys, when I saw her address I kinda chuckled cause she only lives about 15 miles from me. I told her I could give her money back on shipping and I would deliver the fabric on tues or wed. She informed me that she would be in my area 3 times on monday, drop DGS off at summer school, pu DGS from summer school and then to pick up a red eye she bought at an estate sale. What is a red eye I asked. and was that the estate sale in the mobile home park and she said yes and told me a red eye was the singer machine in the back bedroom, she got it for 50% off. OMG the sold sign must have fallen thru.

to make a long story short she came out to my house I refunded her the money for the material she bought, she picked out some more of what I had and wants quilt lessons (FMQ and hand applique). Her husband is going to drop the machine off tonight.

She got fabric and lessons
I got the machine of my dreams
and we both found a new friend, even our husbands have lots in common (antique cars)

thank you barb you made my day and I cant wait to get together and do some sewing.