View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:09 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mytwopals
The only concern I've heard from people with this machine is this: In Stitch Regulated mode, the stitching does not totally stop, when movement stops. You would need to turn off the machine for the needle to stop, making it a little more difficult for any ruler work. You would need to stop the machine to adjust your ruler and continue quilting.

Also, Tin Lizzie does not make a 1/4" foot for precise ruler work. There have been some ingenious people, who have adapted their feet to 1/4" though.

If you are not planning to use rulers in your quilting, none of this will be of any concern to you and the machine will be a good one for you.
I agree with everything mytwopals said. The 'stitching after stopping' issue was just something I go used to and just push the button when I stop.

The thing with the smaller foot, however, is still an issue with me. I wanted to do ruler work, but can't find a ruler that will work. Rumor has it that a new, optional, foot is in the works that will enable ruler work. Have to wait and see.

Other than that I really like it a lot. Very un fussy about thread and have not had any tension issues (knock on wood).

That's a fabulous price.