View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
the casual quilter
Banned

I have the Horizon and truly do love it. I love the lighting and the feel of the machine. I think it's a powerful machine and well worth the money.
The only time I get goosey is when I do a thorough cleaning. You have to be careful when you are putting the throat plate back on the machine because (on mine, anyway) it feels a little stiff. The dealer I bought my machine from was really specific about taking care to put the throat plate back on. And it can be a little cumbersome to change to the dual feed feet (the built in walking foot, or Accufeed system). It's not impossible and after you've done it a couple of time you'll be fine with it, but in the beginning it can be a bit clumsy. And don't forget to engage the gizmo called the "dual feed device" if you are using dual feed. That in conjunction with the dual feed feet make the machine stitch in dual feed
You'll find that there are a couple of tricks with the machine that you will learn as you go. And the suggestion about the yahoo group for Horizon users is a good one to join.
Best wishes with your Horizon. It is a great machine.