View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
crazyquilter56

A lady brought me blocks she found after her mother in law died. She had made the from fabrics from clothes they had i could tell this and the background white was very thin and had marks on it. She asked at the quilt shop if anyone would do this for her my friend who owned the shop sent her to me. I told her it can't be a fast and get it done thing I need time to do it. I took my time and put it on my design board and played with that quit for hours the lady herself came over and we moved blocks here then there. But in the end it was beautiful I got all the marks out and squared up the blocks couldn't do it as the picture showed exactly because there was an uneven amount of blocks but she was very happy with the quilt and I felt when I gave it to her it was part of me now. We sent it to the quilter and then back to me to bind it. Now that quilt has history her MIL, me and the lady who quilted it. It is now on her spare room bed (her MIL's bed) and is loved....So please start now and get it done you will feel the love it's nothing you can explain till your doing the quilt. It wasn't even anyone I knew but from what the lady told me I could feel it. Now we are friends....

blocks on design board you can see some of the marks on the blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242563[/ATTACH]

marks taken out and blocks resized
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242564[/ATTACH]

Finished quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242565[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242557.jpe   attachment-242558.jpe   attachment-242559.jpe