Old 08-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Thank you everyone, you have all been so kind with your lovely comments.

I have an update announcement now, following on from this post:

mjsylvstr wrote:
OMG, Lesley, that is absolutely one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seem......It is magnificent.

What are you going to do with it....hang it, sleep under it, or enter it in any show....looks like a winner to me.

MaryJane

I slept under it for a few weeks, until my daughter said I should enter it into a show. The biggest one here isn't until next July, so I took it off the bed in case it got something spilled on it or whatever.

I have to say that it was a delight to sit up in bed and look at all those blocks in front of me. The eye seems to dart from one block to another block, rather like looking at a bed full of flowers

It has now been in what I believe is Ireland's largest Agricultural Show which also has classes for Crafts, Cookery, Flower arranging and goodness knows what else.

And I won! Here we get red ribbons for first, and this is my first ever rosette, so I am chuffed to bits with that, and my prize was the Brother machine - more of an entry level one, but a great backup all the same.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242598.jpe   attachment-242599.jpe