Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by june6995
It seems to me that what is being asked here, is not if it would work to do embroidery (such as flowers or animals) in place of quilting, but to use the machine embroidery stitches as opposed to straight line stitching. Most machines these days will do some fancy stitches, and these would give it an appearance similar to the "crazy quilts" made in earlier days.
June
A cousin wanted a baby Blanket with butterflies. I had to use the material I had. We were in the midst of recovering from Hurricane Jeanne in Florida. The material I had that was packed in boxes. I found this material Pink,yellow and white. I had to piece it to make 12" squares. I used quilting spray as a stabelizer and a hoop. My machine is about an 6 to 8 inch throat. Never measured but can't be much more than that. I traced a big butterfly in the middle and then small ones going around and used the fancy stitches to embroider the butterflies . She loved it and uses it as a wall hanging. She turns it over every few months as it has a different look on the back.
It was fun doing it that way but unless it is a for a special person it is a lot of work.
BillsBonBon

Back of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6064[/ATTACH]

Front of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6390[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-6064.jpe   attachment-6390.jpe