Old 08-16-2011, 04:28 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by sew cornie
There is a group who is coming to the end of a year-long quilt-along for the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (author: Laurie Aaron Hird). There have been 3 threads per week pertaining to this group . . . a discussion thread, a rotary cutting directions thread, and a photo thread. The group went at a pace of 2 blocks per week.

There was interest brewing for a new quilt-along to begin, to include those who got far behind from last year's and for those who are starting the quilt from the beginning. During that discussion, someone didn't have all of the information and was making assumptions as to how the details of the new quilt-along would proceed. It appears that Admin has removed that entire thread which would be why you can't find it now.

I joined up last year but my FWSQ got put on the back burner due to other swaps and IRRs. I've completed 36 blocks. I was eager to join the new quilt-along, but was quite disheartened at the inference that some might take offense to another group beginning. I hope for the sake of those who are just beginning that a new quilt-along can happen. From what I've read, last year's group really enjoyed one another's support through the journey and it would be sad if newbies were discouraged from experiencing the same encouragement throughout their work on this quilt.

As for me, I'm going to keep plugging away at mine, quilt-along or not. If a new group doesn't begin and you just want a partner through the process, let me know. I'd be happy to work alongside you.
thanks for the info...I knew I wasn't entirely crazy LOL....I would love to start on them...I see Connecting Threads has the book for 40% off now and I am ordering it. My GF is bring me hers tomorrow at lunch so I can peek to see if I want to do it. I would love to see some of yours. encouragement is always welcome... :thumbup: