Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 AM
marand

People who do not quiltor do other crafty things honestly do not understand the amount of thought, time, planning and care that goes into each quilt(except maybe our husbands, and a select few). The joy has to come from us quiltmakers in knowing what we did for our loved ones. I will not give a quilt to someone who I KNOW will not appreciate the work involved. For example, my very best friend does not understand this. She thinks it is a waste of money and time. She won't get one. My kids appreciate my work. Last week I gave my son and future daughter in law a king size quilt at their wedding shower. They said nice things but I would have gotten a much bigger reaction at my guild. But I know they appreciate it. A funny side note.... I wanted to make them a wedding ring quilt... I showed them the pattern and asked them for a color scheme. They were not interested in that pattern at all.... Wow... I said no way will I make that then. They chose an easy fun and done quilt as you go pattern and chose the colors of their wedding..... They didn't know the outcome until the shower. They were thrilled. I guess I will make the double wedding ring for my younger son,.... or maybe even for myself!