Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by jljack

Hi,
I'm wondering if you have the needle in correctly? The flat side goes in facing to the right and threads from left to right(outside to inside).
Sharon W.
Thanks for that info, Sharon. I'll check that tonite when I get home...I very well may have it in wrong! I know I have it threaded correctly...left to right. I'll let you know!!
Guess what, Sharon, you were right. I switched the needle around, and Harriet sews!!! YOOHOO!! I am sooooo happy!! Here's the pics of her stitch. This is a 102 year old machine in a 120 year old cabinet. It's all very cool!!! Color me EXCITED!!! :-)[/quote]

Its amazing sometimes how the tiniest of things can make such and issue. I have a Juki TL98Q on a frame and I quilted a quilt and was working on another one and was having a terrible time with the tension not being "just right". Was so frustrated because I had done several others just fine a couple of months ago. did everything I could think of to fix the issue to no avail. The other day like a freaking light bulb going off I decided to try flipping the direction of the bobbin :shock: :oops:

Needless to say all is well in my quilting world now :mrgreen: