Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 AM
jtapp9

I am learning to love my tan 301a as equally as my black 301. I have had the black one since around March and it was love at first stitch! It only took a little minor work to get a decent tension and I love the way she sounds and how fast she goes!

I bought the tan one a couple of months ago with a couple of 500 series machines. The tan one has given me fits with the tension and I have just not bonded so well with her. Day before yesterday I decided that i was gonna put tan girl in my cabinet and play a little more with her. And if possible, use her to do up a few easy blocks. Didnt expect greatness, just good enoughness :). So, for whatever reason I guess the stars were aligned right or something...tan girl just started sewing...right :). She has a decent tension and she's got that sweet "sound" that is now the same as the black beauty that I love so much!

I have been considering getting the tan girl painted but was afraid I would spend all that money then still not fall in love with her stitching. Oh yeah, I think now she is definately going to become a sparkling red jewel someday soon :)

I am SO happy with these two machines!

I have a couple quilts to bind then post the pics in the "made on vintage machines" thread. They were totally pieced and will be bound with the 301's