Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Kappy

I bought my embroidery machine for this very reason - a used Pfaff 2170. I have a jillion embroidery designs, because I joined John Deer's Club after taking one of his classes - he and Anita Goodesign have good quilting designs that I have used. Use Search above and look at my Dear Jane Christmas Quilt - all quilting was with John Deer designs. It was vey easy to line them up with the squares in the quilt. Larger areas might take a little more time, but as you become used to using your machine, it gets easier. A large quilt just takes more patience than a small one - LOL. I babysit my machine while it's quilting - don't want to pick out stitches!

The suggestion to put the machine and quilt on the floor would probably be a good idea with a big quilt. Most of mine are lap quilts, and they fit nicely on my work table.[/quote][/quote]

Beautiful quilt! When I first read it, I thought,why in the world does a tractor site also have embroidery designs. Then I looked more closely at the spelling. LOL