View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
thepolyparrot

I love it! It's almost as much fun to design virtual quilts as it is to make real quilts.

So handy to lay out the quilt and have the program print yardage estimates, rotary cutting instructions, templates, or even paper foundations.

I can scan my own fabrics into the quilt so that the finished quilt looks like what I had envisioned. I can move blocks, rotate them to create different secondary patterns, try different color schemes and border treatments - all without a design wall.

Do watch all of the tutorial videos and read through the book - there is a huge help file in the program, also.

There are two books for EQ6 that are wonderful, too - Applique Drawing and Patchwork Drawing. If you want to draw your own blocks, do the courses in these books - you won't believe what the tools can do! :)

If you like working with graphics programs or publishing programs, you will probably LOVE Electric Quilt. It does have a pretty steep learning curve, but if you watch the video tutorials and read through that instruction book, you will at least remember that there is a way of getting the program to do what you want it to do. Have fun! :)