Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 AM
plainpat

Ditto.......DD has a quilt & pillows,wall hanging set I made 4 yrs ago.She chose the 2 colors, I chose the pattern.When we visited, I took a nap in the guest room & told my Grson to scoot up here with Grma. He said Mom said not to get on the good quilt.DD & I had a talk about it. The quilt is still there,but has been used. Bout time to make her a new quilt.Please let it be diff colors. LOL

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
I make quilts for all my kids and grandkids, but never before discussing with them what pattern and colors they would like. Am in the process of collecting 24 different fabrics for my daughter's bargello. She didn't like any of the traditional patterns I showed her, but when she saw the bargello she was excited. Finally! I can't wait to get the remaining six fabrics and get started on it. I make all my quilts to be used and make sure the recipient knows they will stand up to washing/drying. Oldest granddaughter got one this past Christmas in Buckeyes colors and was thrilled, but didn't want to put it on her bed for fear of damage. Once I explained that it would be ok, it's been on her bed ever since!