Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM
BuzzinBumble

Just wanted to say this:
After having some time to do a little sewing on the Singer 401A; I wish i had a sewing machine this good to work with years ago! My old White never even dreamed of stitching this well.

My daughter K named the Singer 401 "Bernardo" She was so taken with Bernardo that she has now become co-owner with me. K is only just beginning to learn to sew but is already better than I was in my early years. (I know, machines are usually named in the feminine gender... but we'll have a "guy" keeping us in stitches. K does not know there is a brand called Bernina either)

I just wanted to say Thank You Pat for a great sewing machine! And also for all your help answering my questions about him. ;)

The Baby Lock Tempo I got for half price sews like a dream too. I had already been thinking of referring to her as Bernice, before I heard K say she wanted to call the 401 Bernardo. So they go together nicely, both in capacities and names.
I feel very, very spoiled now. The two of these machines make me look like a much better seamstress than i ever knew I could be. I'm no longer feeling too sentimental about my defunct old White and wish I had made the switch years ago.