View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by raedar63
I too like her ,but wish she would individualize some of her patterns, her books are always a bit too much in price for me unless I am the lucky bidder on ebay lol
FYI - You can always pick up a copy of her books on Amazon - used for under $10 incl shipping. Worth every penny.

I hardly ever buy patterns or pattern books but I think Judy's "The Creative Pattern Book" was one of the best ever written. And I didn't mind paying full price for it at the time.

I AM going to make Shakespeare in the Park. One of these days.

I've also found it's more helpful to ignore colors (too personal) but to just look at layout and value when evaluating patterns.

She revisited some themes - I'm not a fan of feathered star blocks, but I LOVE that layout for a Lone Star, with mini-LS's in the sections. And if I ever have the occasion to make a Maple Leaf quilt, that setting is beautiful.

Sorry, but I'm happy to see anything that doesn't require Jelly Rolls or a 3x4 block layout grid. Personal preference.

eta:
Judy's got some of her older books on clearance for $9.95 if you wanted a new copy.
http://judymartin.com/products.cfm?catID=1