View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 AM
AFQSinc

I posted basically the same question last week. I went ahead and purchased the two issues. $20 plus shipping! I could have bought a book or the last bit of fabric that I need to begin my next project. However, I LOVE it! I want to do a few prim pieces here and there. I would say you may find good inspiration. In the fall issue there are 5 wall hangings (the largest is 45x45), a stuffed animal, a pillow and table mat pair, another table mat, a cross stitch project, one hooked rug, and 3 larger quilts. One of the larger quilts would actually make a cute smaller wallhanging.

I think it is a nice mix and I look forward to seeing what the future issues hold. That being said, I am hoping that they are able to attract some less well known artists as the two issues have pretty much all the same designers but the variety is nice.

Also, I wanted the magazine as a source from Primitive supplies and shops. I am not able to get it on the ground - I have to buy it online. So it might make more sense for me to subscribe to it (though it is expensive)but if you can get it at a LQS or some other place then I would probably buy it issue by issue when something strikes your fancy. I think these will have some value in the future so I will be keeping mine in the best possible condition. I can see myself selling them on once I've made the projects that I like.