Thread: I'm learning
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM
grammatjr

It is hurtful, but I am sure they didn't intend to hurt. Most likely they just were never taught that Thank-You notes are proper, and a phone call is even better.

The quilts and ornaments are very lovely, I am sure they like them, just don't have the ettiquette to let you know.

It is true sometimes people do not like what is recieved, and it is definitely true most people don't understand the cost or time put into a quilt, so we just need decide how much we want approval, or if we give becuase it makes us feel good.

I began a quilt for someone, who didn't know I was making it. Before I was able to get it done, the occasion was over, and he went all loopy and now I don't feel he deserves a quilt. It is the most expensive and about the prettiest (masculine pretty in batiks) that I have ever done (except for Butterfly Prayers). Now, I have a $200 quilt done except for a tiny bit of FMQ and binding - and don't know who to give it to. Every time I think of someone, I think "but are they worth $200 and all the time I spent on this quilt?".