View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM
LindaM49

After 25 years of marriage I finally have a computer/sewing room. It's the 3rd bedroom. Daughter is almost 41 with kids of her own...and son is 39 with kids (oldest starts college on Monday). So when we built this house I FINALLY had a room where I didn't have to clean up everything after sewing.

First home was a mobile home so I sewed on the dining room table. Son was in a high chair but daughter ate at the table with us so I had one spot at the table and the sewing machine could sit out but the rest had to be put away. Next house...we only lived there a year so didn't sew at all. Next house again...had to sew on the dining room table...we had a breakfast bar so ate most meals there. Company coming...had to clean off the table.

Now finally the ironing board can stay out...always hated putting it away and dragging it back out the next day. lol Right now my fabric is in boxes and bags because I have more than I ever had since starting to quilt. Before is was mostly clothes and a few pair of curtains. I have an old antique bureau that was in my mother's family...needs refinished. So hubby promised he would get that fixed up in the fall and then I will have plenty of storage space. Also getting rid of my parents desk...giving it to our daughter. Now I will have a whole wall free so am going to buy a 6' table for my sewing machine. I need more left side space...right now it is sitting on top of my mothers Kenmore cabinet machine.

More info than you probably wanted to read...lol. But if you need some extra money and have a person willing to pay the rent...then you should do fine with your plan.

Good luck!