Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM
LovinMySoldier

Originally Posted by JanetM
Thanks Craftybear for the tip about the apples and crackers. To be safe, we are thinking of getting the presciption motion sickness patches that a QB member recommended.
That might be a good idea. When my hubby went on a cruise with his parents my mother in law was in bed for the first day and a half sick sick sick. She had bought every motion sickness pill, patch, what have you. She knew she would need it and wanted to be prepared. It didn't help. But what did help her was when she finally went down and got the motion sickness pills they had on the boat.
So when we went on our first cruise together my hubby insisted that I didn't need to buy anything. I was so apprehensive. I get sick on swings, car rides, everything. When we got on the boat one of the first things he did was hunt down those special pills they had on the boat for me lol. They worked. Not sure what they are. He is convinced that it was something totally different then what you can buy since his mom was so sick and they made her SOOO much better when the other stuff didn't.

On a side note: I LOVED our cruise! We went as a homecoming trip when my husband came home from Iraq. It was wonderful. So much fun. And the all inclusive is very nice. Having almost everything already paid for makes you vacation easy. You don't have to worry about how quickly everything is adding up! I would go again in a heart beat! Congratulations and happy cruising!