View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Honeynga

I now live alone in a 1 bedroom....I have 2 sewing machines set up on the main eating table, which I never use; I have a 6'x 8' sun room, which really used to be the back porch; my sun room has storage shelves, baskets and totes for my stuff; plus I bought a 4 shelf unit at Big Lots to store most of my stash. Also in that same area is an old desk top that I use for cutting....the ironing board is also in that room. Sounds spacious, but it is nicely compact. I like to sew in the living area where I can see tv, and check on whatever I'm cooking that day....

Thinking about pulling the "dining room" table out from the wall so the top will be more usable and sew on the desk top in the sun room....

When I was married and had 3 kids at home and did a lot of clothes/costume/drapery sewing I did have a real sewing room with a closet for storage and shelves, ironing board, track lights...down side was that it was across the house from the kitchen and the laundry room; not to mention I would have to get up and go out on patio to check on kids in pool......

We do what we have to do for our crafts, passions and sanity !

In hindsight having 3 kids at home and hectic life style is preferably to be alone,and sometimes lonely. Not whining, but stating the facts, mam !