Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Deecee

Nancy and Jup - You are such a busy bunch of ladies with your quilt groups. I am envious of the quilting companionship you have "in the flesh". None of my friends quilt and my family are all very artistic in some way but not quilting. Hopefully once I am not working I can join a daytime group and have as much fun as you do.

This is probably the first time I have finished a project on schedule 'cos I am a sloooooow worker, but I found these blocks addictive, like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Once I started, I just couldn't stop.

I am not doing the stars setting - I want either wall hanging or lap quilt size. So I have started adding a ¼ inch frame to my blocks and will then sash with black or my border fabric - shall decide as I go along.

This is also the first time I have actually followed a pattern to this extent. My quilts usually "evolve" which is probably why they take me so long - all that waiting for artistic inspiration. :lol: :lol:

Once I have a few skinny borders on I will post a pic.

In the meantime Irene and I are patiently waiting for everyone else to catch up. :-D (It's not very often I can say that!!!). It's almost worth saying again!

Jup, we all expect more progress pics of Nathaniel's portrait.