Thread: Canadian buyers
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alwaysdreaming
Just a question to sellers on the board. Why do some sellers put "only ship to US addresses"? I saw a pattern the other day that I would have bought, but I'm from Canada.I respect their decision, and I know that it costs more to ship to Canada, but I would have willingly paid the extra cost.
Just wondering.................
I sell on eBay. I tried once to send a package to Canada and it was very confusing with all the paperwork one must fill out. Most of us Americans are NOT familiar with shipping internationally. I had the package that I had shipped to Canada returned to me twice because I had made a mistake with the paper work. There are at least two different forms and you MUST fill out the correct form. This step can be a little overwhelming. The Delivery Confirmation used in the US to track the package is NOT valid in Canada thus there is no way of knowing the progress of the package. Packages do ALSO get stuck in custom. It took over a month for my client in Canada to finally receive her package using US Priority International Flat rate envelope. I really did enjoyed chatting with her swapping quilting stories. Sending money thru PayPal is not difficult as long as you send US dollars. Since you have a different currency, that might be another reason that sellers are hesitant to sell outside the US. You can always contact a seller and start forming a relationship with her offering to help her navigate thru the paperwork. But some members of the QB do NOT have a PayPal account. Just want to know why some of us hesitate. When I am able to sell, I will try to note that I will at least TRY to include you. Best quilting wishes to you all, our northern neighbors !!
Joellyn