View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Maride

I don't know what the responses to the previous thread were, but I copied an idea before. I was at my son's school and one of his classmates is blind. She likes to color in coloring books, even though she can not see them. To guide her, the caregiver sat with the coloring pages and using a bottle of fabric paint with the very sharp tip, she lined every part of the design. She was able to feel the fabric paints with her fingers and stay within the lines when coloring. This girl was 12 years old. I went home thinking about that, and I traced a coloring design from a coloring book into white fabric for my son. My son can see, but as a little 5 year old, he can not color within the lines. with the edges of the design raised, he was able to color a design on fabric using fabric markers (from Michael's) and stay within the lines. I used that as the center block for wallhanging for his pre-K teacher.

With this techniques you have unlimited possibilities, because now you can do almost any design, weather you copy from a coloring book or come up with you original designs.

Maria