View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM
greenini

We're retired, no kids 65 and 62 and talk about it a lot as we spend a lot of time traveling together in a car and feel it's likely we might die together in a car accident! We've got wills, POA, health care proxies and financial advisers we trust. I usually do finances, have told DH to let financial guys continue to manage and keep the accts with Schwab so less chance of embezzlement, etc. I'm not sure he knows where everything is quite, but it's in file drawers with labels, mostly!

I've told him to remarry if I go first if he finds someone...it's more likely he would be able to remarry then me, just law of averages...

He would buy motorcycle and take off on road trip or so he says, not right away, of course, I'd pretty much stay in our condo until I can no longer do the few stairs or get help, as I'm already disabled. Without his help I would have to pay for all the things he does for me including driving me to far dr's appts, grocery shopping, etc.
We talk about it, but hope it won't be a problem for a long time, guess I think by thinking about it ahead it's less likely to throw either of us for a loop....but I'm sure we'll be stunned as everyone is always.