View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 PM
COYOTEMAGIC

Originally Posted by pbreon
Originally Posted by KLO
Originally Posted by pbreon
She looks like a sweetie!! I have a blue, and they are so smart!!! I see her tail is docked... I like the tail there... it helps read what is on there mind... Belle has a talking tail!!! when that tail is straight up she is a happy dog.... when it points straight out ... she is looking at or for something.. of course when it is tucked between her legs, she is stressed or afraid... interesting personality these dogs have...
Oh I just read this post and you could be talking about my blue heeler mix. She has her tail also and yes, along with her ears, she talks to us with it just as you described. We are thinking about getting another dog for her to have a buddy. Not sure yet.
well, if she is an older girl, you might think about a pup so she can be the alpa .... but warm up to her slow, I have Lillie, a cute little cocker, and Belle girl came as a pup, but she sure scraps with Lillie to get her way, I swear, it's like having two kids again!!!
but all in all, the sure like to be with each other... it so cute to see Belle licking her face and keeping her eyes clean... silly girls..
Oh yeah, when 2 Heelers get into it, it sounds like they are going to kill each other. Sounds that way when they are just playing with each other, you just have to watch body language. Chey is much smaller than Katie but a tuff little bugger. Typical Heeler traits, go to the ankles or go for the nose. We've only had a couple of tussles, quick done over, then back to playing. Icee doesn't like the nips to the nose. She can't see them coming and I think they scare her more than hurt. But she isn't afraid of telling Chey to stop either. It's high energy control chaos! My husband will tell you that I will not have a misbehaving dog. They will be well mannered, know at least basic commands, and be trained crated if need be. These buggers are so danged smart, once they know the routine, if you don't do it at the same thing every day, they will let you know aboutl We run, play, wrestle and swim everyday weather and health allowing.

Past my bed time.Night ya'll!