View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Originally Posted by sandpat
Cre...man...sounds like I would have already brought out the hammer for that baby! I'm soo sorry for all the trouble...what on earth do they say is wrong with it?
I actually called the repair place yesterday - after bringing it in the 5th, picking up the 11th, finished unquilting before sewing on it the 14th, brought it back the 15th and waited while they made 'adjustments' it seemed 'fine - albeit not perfect'...shouldn't have taken it back [an hr round trip] sewed with it on the 16th - yesterday in the early afternoon, for about 15min. I called the place and said I felt like throwing the f....ing thing out the window!

I took it back right away, sat there and sewed on it with them for at least an hour and it worked on and off...

$3K piece of sh.... I think I may have found a lemon of Bernina's - they called a while ago and said they now have it messing u[ with them constantly too - actually intermittently - which is harder to diagnose. They spoke with the Bernina manufacturer directly and explained all the technician settings and diagnostics had been run and verified - still dont know what it is. Apparently there is a district troubleshooter that goes around to authorized Bernina techs for "problem children" ahem.... as mine has been determined to be...
from there if they dont get it fixed it will go back to Bernina!

At least it sounds as though they are willing to address the problem & they recognize it isn't my fault [and hopefully wont charge me for ala 'limon' !! :shock: :-(
Oh, dear, what a sorry tale - I am soooooooo sorry for your problems, but it seems you do have a lemon, and your repair centre can't fix it. I am very pro Berninas, even though I had to have a motherboard replaced (under guarantee), contact Bernina USA and tell them all about it. If you have such a rogue, they should replace it for you. They will want to protect their good name, they charge enough for that.