Thread: I'm in Shock!!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 04:22 AM
MistyMarie

I have bought a few yards at full price - usually for a swap and the fabric is a perfect fit. However, I will spend hours on line trying to find the cheapest price for a fabric that I can. I have seen the same fabric (such as fairy frost) differ in price over $5.00 a yard for the same color. I know it is the same quality fabric, so I don't get the price difference. There are on-line stores that I don't bother even shopping at because I know they are going to be too pricey. When I find a good deal, I bookmark the site and the next time I need fabric, I start there first.

Jo-Anns has gotten too expensive... unless their fabric is on a good sale. I am a teacher, so I get a 15% discount, which helps.

I refuse to buy fabric at Wal-Mart when the prices are over $6.00 a yard and the fabric feels like crap. I would make my daughter doll clothes and simple dresses with their fabric when it was more reasonable, but at the prices much of their fabric is at now, it is cheaper to buy ready-made dresses and doll clothes. Sewing is not a money-saver anymore!