View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by feffertim
I see so many posts here where people post pictures of beautiful quilts and then say 'it's not perfect'. I feel people are too hard on themselves, if it was perfect it would not look handmade. If you want a perfect quilt, buy one at Walmart that is made in China. If your quilt is as beautiful as is looks in the picture, then it is perfect in my book. Give yourself the credit you deserve.
Ok....hold on a second....ever take a close look at those "Walmart, made in China" quilts??? I bought several and cut them up and made drapes for my room, my living room and my girls room from them. Without exception, they had mistakes in them....points that didn't match, squares cut unevenly, and etc. You cannot purchase a "perfect" quilt even from Walmart.

But that aside, I agree with you....we are all too hard on ourselves, and give ourselves far too little credit for the "masterpieces" we create.....and every quilt we make, IMHO, is a masterpiece...because it is an expression of ourselves....and we are all masterpieces!! Just MHO