View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Kelly1217

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kelly and I am new to quilting and loving it. Years ago I bought a Singer sewing/embroidery machine, but not having any experience with it became very frustrated and just packed it up and stored it downstairs.

Two months ago as I went through one of my spring cleanings my intention was to sell the machine, however curiosity got the best of me and I decided to give sewing one more shot. If I still could not get it, I would sale the machine.

I read books, watched videos and researched how to quilt and sew. I fell in love with it! I am almost finished with my daughters first quilt and already designing a second one to make for my Mom for Christmas. My first quilt came out great, by no means perfect as I still have a lot to learn, but I feel such a sense of gratification.

My intention in joining this board is to meet fellow quilters, learn from everyone, increase my inspiration and just chat with a wonderful group of people. As for myself, I am 30 years old, married to a wonderful man, have three children (13, 7 and 1.5 yr.), a full-time college student that will graduate with a bachelors in labor studies/psychology soon and live in Northern Indiana.

I look forward to wonderful conversation with everyone!

Kelly