Thread: different purse
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Stitching4Fun

I made this purse from a pattern from Butterick. The only thing I don't have on it right now is the belt rings that go on the base of the handles. I made a few changes on the inside also. I enlarged the pockets and put a zippered pocket on the inside. I also stitched over the cording for the handles to make it look like a double cording. I didn't like the seam sticking up the way it said to sew it. I purposely made the one inside pocket large because when my sale papers come in the mail, I put them in my purse because I never know when I will stop into the store. This way they have their own spot and not get ripped with everything else I put in it. I also stitched a small pocket on each side of the larger inside one to put my pens or emery boards. And of course, the three small ones in the middle of the other side for them........I carry alot of pens with me.

this purse was done with just things I had on hand. The stripe is decorator fabric and the solid green is just the quilted you can get at the fabric store. Since I put an inside zipper in mine, I had to quilt the outer fabric with a backing. (( Couldn't just leave it with the fleece in there when the pocket was opened.))
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243572.jpe   attachment-243573.jpe