View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Sheree from Chicago

The type of quilts I have made so far are paper pieced (Karen Stone/Judy Neimeyer) and it is hard to know up front exactly how much of a particular fabric I will need. I never purchase a fabric that doesn't excite me, and never less than 3 yards.
Like most quilters, I LOVE FABRIC. I had my back rebuilt this past year. When I was finally able to sit in a chair at the computer while under the influence of much pain medication, I bought over a thousand dollars worth of fabric (OOPS). Needless to say, I have plenty of fabric to work with.
I keep my fabric pretty much grouped by color/coordination on wire shelved above my sewing area in the basement, however my husband keeps leaving the back door open for the dogs to go in and out. I am worried about little cotton moths munching up my beautiful fabric so I have bought several boxes of 10 gallon ziploc bags that I will put my fabric in once I have washed and thoroughly dried it all. That way, I will still be able to sit and ponder/agonize/plan my next quilt (the best part).
I have been unable to work or do very much since my surgery, and I just want to say that I look forward to getting this newsletter and reading everyones input. You are all such a caring group of people that has helped me tremendously!