Thread: Rag quilts
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Honeynga

My first rag quilt was out of denim squares, cut from used jeans I bought at thrift store; also I had some miscellaneous cotton that I cut to use as backing; also I had some "duck" that I incorporated into quilt as squares also....because ignorance is bliss, Ididn't have a clue about what I was doing,but the quilt turned out delightful ! In this same quilt I had cut some squares from flannel shirts I got at thrift stores also.....

I sewed them all together, snipped the seams and took to a local laundromat to wash and dry.....I'm really pleased with the outcome. It is nice and heavy and I will use it this winter......what I've made would be great if I had a real "country" theme....next one will be made out of cottons/flannel/duck that will fringe and be more fitting with my decor......

I've actually been to Lewiston Maine...my daughter was a camp counselor at Chop Point in Woolrich during the summers she was in college....I went up each summer to not only to spend time with her but sight see as well.....we went to Acadia and kennebunkport as well.....went to a street festival in Yarmouth (???)....I could really live there, despite the cold winters.