Thread: wedding quilt
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Tink's Mom

Originally Posted by watson's mom
..... however I would be bold enough to get back with the bride or her mother and find out ...if it is not something that fits into her "decor" then you would gladly take it back and get her a gift card. That way you can at least find out if she is going to keep it or give it away.
Just my thoughts.
Rose
I'm with Rose...I would call the girl herself and ask her if she received it or not and say that if she didn't like it I would gladly take it back and give her a gift card. It would also be the last quilt she got from me.[/quote]

I made 2 wedding quilts last year...the one, the card came off and they had to try to figure out who made it...it was 1 of 3 people...but the thank you came by phone the night they figured it out, and in writing a month or so later. The other quilt, to the 1st grooms brother and wife...I got a thank you note a couple of months after the wedding..."Thanking me for my generous gift.." They never even acknowledged that the gift was a quilt.
This couple is now pregnant...if he wasn't the son of my bff...I would get him a target gift card and blow it off...but that would hurt her feelings...and I won't do that.