View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 01:21 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lobster
k3n - could I ask if that was one of the shows run by Grosvenor Exhibitions? Everyone always talks about judge's comments, but I had a quilt win a competition and go around six quilt shows with Grosvenor, and I never got any judge's comments at all. I got a yellow rosette and a nice sentence about the in the magazine article on the competition, and that was it.

ETA: Scratch that, I just rang Grosvenor and apparently they don't give out judge's comments unless you ask for them. So mine are now on the way in the post, all these months later. Odd way of doing things, you'd have thought they could just include them when they send the quilt back. Gah, I'm getting nervous all over again!
The F of Q is run by Twisted Thread - I've entered Grosvenor as well (the Nationals as mentioned above) and only got comments on the piece I won with (regional at West Point). Perhaps I'll ask for any comments that were made on the one I entered in the National, that got a Merit. I didn't know you could so thanks for that info! :-D