View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 AM
madamekelly

I just looked at the link you posted, and would like to add something they either haven't run across, or just got lucky. Do not buy the cheapest stuffing. Your biscuits will go flat like a cheap pillow. I learned this the hard way on my first biscuit quilt.
I made a full size quilt about 10 years ago, that was stolen from my daughter's home, but before being stolen(no photos, damit), it had been washed a lot. The biscuits were going flat by the first washing. I now look for the 'poofiest' stuffing I can find, (If you gently pinch the good stuff through the bag, your fingers will feel like they are sliding smoothly against each other, instead of friction between them.) I also discovered an added bonus, it takes less fluff if you use the good stuff, and it is easier to squish through the sewing machine needle. By the time you finish a large one, you have had quite a workout with all that squishing! :thumbup:
DH's biscuit quilt, that I am currently working on, will weigh about 5 lbs. and have to be washed in a laundromat 'big boy' washer.