View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kd124

I pin the stacks of six with the head of the pin pointing to the corner I want as I cut each set of triangles. Then I stack the sets of six, staggering each set (like when you stack copies when you make a bunch with several pages). I take a big stack to my machine, take the 1st set, remove the first two triangles of a set and pin as before. Next I take the next two, sew them together, take the last two, sew them together (chain them) and continue with the whole stack. Each time I pin the first two, I set them on the previous set of two,staggering them. After chaining all of these I either cut the threads now and stack keeping the order, then press and restack or press, cut threads, then stack. Now with the piles of sewn together pieces, I check to see if my top matches the top of the pinned pile. If not, I flip the sewn stack so they match. Now I sew the pinned ones to the two that are sewn, chaining each piece, cut apart, pin together the 2 halves and put on the board. Don't dispair if you happen to get one out of order; you can tell it they don't match. And yes I quickly look to make sure they match. Chaining makes it go so fast. I hope you can understand this. If I had a digital camera, I would take pictures but unfortunately I don't. Don't hesitate to ask if you need clarification on something.
Thanks Kathy - I got it on the second reading - but it's my early morning brain, NOT your explanation! I'll try that next time!

Re the pattern/technique - I couldn't find any instructions online, I think you have to get the book. There are a couple but the one I used was One Block Wonders by Maxine Rosenthal. I found it very explicit and easy to follow. I read it through once cover to cover then worked through it when I made my first one, using it as an 'instruction manual'. :D