View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Anne

Originally Posted by ube quilting
I'm looking for info on what kind of standard needle, size and or brand of needle is used in this machine. My search is coming up blank. Lots of machines no parts. I have the manual but there is no info on what needle to use.

I also need a bobbin case and bobbin for it.

I posted it in Bills Vintage thread and I thought if I double posted I might have better luck.

My GM machine and is very sentimental. Thanks for any help. UBE
peace :D
My MIL died a year and a half ago, when cleaning out her house, she had the Kenmore 117-959 that is excellent condition, however, it needs to have a new power cord which to date I have not replaced. I do have the original manual and accessories which go with this machine. I looked in the book to see what size needles you should use and it says 1,2,3, 4.
There is no reference to needle size, and I think it is like all machine for regular sewing size 11 or 14. I do know the singer machine require using a singer needle, because there is a slight difference in the length, so I plan to use an organ size 75 or 90 which is a 11 or 14 size needle. I have included a picture of the bobbins that are to be used with this machine, and I have no idea where you might find them. I am sure your machine is very dear to you, mine is too. They are suppose to be wonderful sewing machine and I am anxious to get the cord replaced. Check on ebay, I did see an old 117-959 you might get some spare parts froms. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243986.jpe