View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Zhillslady
Banned

Originally Posted by charismah
OK ....I try to stay out of these types of topics because everyone has a different opinion and since I have started LAQ I have had to adjust my prices several times. It is the nature of the business and trial and error...chalk it up to experience.
:wink:

I know why that other quilter retired! I don't know her or anything about her. But she was worn ragged and clearly under valued herself. :thumbdown: They were paying more in postage sending stuff back and fourth...hardly seems worth the time.

You are right! It isn't worth it. I would look at fair market value...check out other local quilters. See who offers the same type of services you do and keep it within the same range. You know after a few quilts you will realize what is worth your time ...I really feel bad for that other quilter..honestly!
Thank you Chrismah. She actually told them she was simply overworked. She has enough on hand to quilt for almost 4 months and couldn't keep up. I have a full time job at a tax and investment firm and I enjoy the FMQ but I'm just thinking those prices are crazy but it explains her 1-2 month turn around.