Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 PM
luckylindy333

Originally Posted by JanetM
Please bear with me while I celebrate my good news.

I just booked our first cruise...I am so excited I can hardly stand myself :lol:

We will be going to Alaska next June on the Regent Seven Seas "Navigator" I was able to get our 1st choice cabin that is located mid-ship.

This cruise line is all inclusive...air travel, luxury hotel for the night before the cruise, all gratuities, dining in all the restaurants on board without additional charge,wine/spirits, soft drinks/water/specialty coffees, and excursions are included. They do have some extra special excursions that have a supplemental charge.

They have already emailed us documents, including the dinner menu from one of the specialty restaurants, a 6 page wine list, a 4 page liquor list, and a 30 page spa catalog.

:lol: :lol: :lol: We aren't big drinkers, but we might be by the end of this cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We never have traveled. Oh, maybe a trip up the coast to Solvang for 2 days, but never a "real vacation". This is a big splurge for us, so I am over the moon with excitement.

Between now and then I want to lose a few pounds so I can eat without guilt, and who knows, maybe take a dip in the pool, or hot tub.

Thank you to all who shared their cruise experiences with me and encouraged me to go for it.
Hi Janet, Congratulations! Book as many excursions as you can and you will not have to worry about gaining those ###'s. They usually keep you moving... and sign up for as many of the onboard activities as you can. Sometimes they have craft classes, dance classes, and trivia. I personally think it is mostly the alcohol that makes people gain. If I wanted a special drink if I sat down to do an activity, I order a sparkling water like Perrier or whatever they have.