Old 08-19-2011, 06:22 PM
JudyG

Originally Posted by Rose L
I hope I'm putting this in the right place, seem to guess wrong every time I post, lol!

My DH and I will be traveling from Nebraska to Washington (going through SD, Montana, Idaho) next week and I wondered if any of you can recommend any great quilt shops that we should stop to see along the way? Or, also, any points of interest that are enjoyable. In Washington, I'll be in the Seattle, Bremmerton, Silverdale areas. I believe we will be traveling along the I-90 corridor. Addresses would help greatly since we have a GPS. Thanks so much!
If you have time, take the ferry from Port Orchard to Vashon Island. Island Quilter at 17626 Vashon Hwy SW is an awesome quilt shop.

You might also want to see:

Quilted Strait
32280 Puget Way NE
Port Gamble, WA 98364

Kingston Quilt Shop
11264 State Hwy 104
Kingston, WA 98346

Heirloom Quilts
18833-B FRONT STREET
POULSBO, WA 98370

Material Girls
9621 Mickelberry Road NW, Suite 103.
Silverdale, WA

You might also do a google search for Pacific Fabrics and see if any of their stores in Seattle or Bremerton will be close to where you might be.

The Kingston, Port Gamble and Poulsbo quilt shops would make a nice, easy afternoon from either Silverdale or Bremerton (or if you're coming to the Peninsula by ferry from Seattle, check out Esther's Fabrics at 181 Winslow Way E., Ste. D, in Bainbridge Island, and then hit Poulsbo and then Port Gamble and then Kingston)

Hope you have fun while you're here in the Evergreen state.