View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Little RoO

Hi...here are my thoughts for what they are worth...I have the Designer 1 (USB)and had exactly the same problem with trying to learn FMQ...it certainly isn't the best but the machine is stacked with superb features, pivoting needle, cutters, lock stitch....etc.Isn't worth selling as would only get a few hundred dollars for it.
What I decided was to keep the Designer 1 and buy a cheaper machine without all the bells and whistles for Quilting...I ended up getting a second hand Pfaff Select 3, a mechanical machine but with a built in walking foot(IDT)...I have to say it does a brilliant job but I have missed my bells and whistles....so I have just bought the Janome 6600 very cheaply as people are trading it in to buy the Horizon. The machine is beautiful....FMQ is a dream, having bought the conversion FMQ foot and stitch quality lovely.....however the walking foot is not as good as on the Pfaff......
I think I could so be a machine designer....each maker is good at somethings but not all....perhaps we need a machine company that takes the best bits of all machines.....now I would rush out and buy that !