View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:17 AM
plainpat

I sold my Viking Designer 11...& got a Bernina with FM quilting foot.Had no issues with the VD, just didn't use any of the features & don't really know why.Guess we just weren't a good fit.
When it comes to spending big money,my advice is to read up about machines, pick a couple that sound good & go from there.
My dealer is 60 miles away, but they're very good at answering any questions on the phone.I don't have/use embroidery....but this machine is great & works for me.All newer machines come with a learning curve.Good luck in finding yours.

Originally Posted by Treasureit
I have a Viking Designer SE that I got for embroidery and it works fine. Can't seem to get great FMQ results though. I don't use the embroidery at all - it wasn't my thing.

I am wondering what you think is a good thing to do. Sell the Viking and get a machine that does better with the Quilting or just keep the one I have.

My thinking is that this Viking is a great embroidery machine and it will become obsolete and then it won't be worth much at all...so should I get rid of it now or use it up. Sounds like I am buying a car!!