Thread: Go figure
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 03:12 AM
JeannieT

It never fails, does it? I needed to get started on a custom order for a photo memory lap quilt for a little boy yesterday but I sat on this board for 3-4 hours first. Then I finally did get on my EQ6 and do some designing for it. But my printer was out of magenta ink and DH was at work, so when he got home, we went out to eat and hit Walmart for the ink. Out of the one I need. Head to Staples. Had to buy a 3 pk color box ($32.49) just to get the one I need. Oh well, now I have extra of the other 2.
Get home, DH puts in new ink. Pop-up says now yellow is out. Replace yellow. DH runs cleaning process. No yellow will print. Long story short - DH is Mr Fix-it here. He took it all apart, went to that magic place in the garage and when he put it back together, woo hoo, yellow printed.
Pop-up - black is out. And only yellow is printing....no other colors. GRRRRR....I don't have any black.
Someone on Craigslist has my same printer posted with a new unused black ink for $20.....cheaper than the ink by itself. So DH is gonna pick it up for me (if it's still available). Because now I have all this new ink I can't return. So I'll use the other printer until it runs out then I'm going to get a new printer....needless to I still haven't been able to print any of the work yet for this custom quilt......never fails when you are trying to get something done.....