View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Aurora

I am also in Kentucky. Our local LAQ attended our guild meeting today. She brought a new price list with her. She explained it was a difficult decision, but even with the quantity of quilts she does, it is still difficult for her to make her machine payment every month, not to mention her other expenses. I believe she may also do quilts for individuals from Florida.

She also advised that names would go on a schedule list, but she would not take quilts until you were called to bring in your quilt -- she just does not have room to store all the quilts dropped off. I think that several of our guild members might sanwich their quilts before taking them to her. But I also that a few of them feel that if she has one of their quilts to work on, that gives them the right to dop off another quilt -- this is obviously something she will have to address.

I think it is not out of line to consider the cost of the machine, wear and tear on the machine, electric, supplies when figuruing a base price. Add a surcharge for extras, ie. short delivery schedule requests, for extra/special requests.

Above all remember you are running a business and it is up to you to determine what you charge, it should not be determined by what someone else charged, that was obviously not working for the former quilter.