Old 08-20-2011, 08:49 AM
nursie76

OK, so, I am just about ready to put the final borders on a queen sized quilt top intended as a gift to my DD's BFF who is getting married (renewing vows really) on September 10th. The pattern is Lovers Knot by Eleanor Burns and is working up beautifully. I had discussed color choices with my DD last year when we were planning this and she suggested blues and beige as this young women loves the ocean and they are taking their vows at the beach. Well, today, I was chatting with this young woman on Facebook and she mentioned that she loved the rag quilt i had made for my oldest DD, and that she almost stole it 8-) She went on to say it would match her bedroom colors. Yeek!!! My DD's quilt was rich maroon, chocolate brown and dark tan!!! The quilt I am making her is blues, turquoises, and sand color background, the blues are beautiful batiks. Now I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for this project....how the heck will it look with maroon and brown...? The only comfort I can find is something kinda silly...on the cups at my Burger King, they have waves of what looks like cola and caramel colored waves dancing across the cup with splashes of maroon and dots of turquoise ice...I really want to make a quilt with those colors, cause I just love the combo. So, since I doubt that her walls are either dark brown or maroon, I am sure this will look ok and she is so sweet, she would probably just love it because I made it for her. It is too late to make anything else, although I probably could whip up a raggy quilt, but I have spent sooo much money on the materials for this on. Trouble is, I love blue and it would work in my room :cry:

So, after this long rambling post, what I need is you folks to just kick me in the butt and tell me to finish it and gift it...right?