Thread: Klunk!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Congrats Martina! I've just looked at the features and it looks wonderful! I love the patchwork feature where it remembers the seam length! The only thing I can't find is how big it's throat is? I want to upgrade when we've got the cash and was thinking of the Janome 6600 but I like the idea of a Pfaff - good solid German engineering! Let me know how you like it, OK?
It's got a "regular" throat which is fine for me. I did look at the Pfaff Expressions series which is their new line. It has a 10" throat BUT the reviews were pretty bad. It has a drop in bobbin and the transition from the table to the bobbin is bumpy and flips the seams. Also, the foot pulls the fabric crooked and it easily eats the fabric. Too much trouble for my taste. I stick with what I know.

As far as the "German Engineering" goes: the machines are made in China, which dampens my enthusiasm a little bit. Heard great things about the Janome, but I believe it doesn't have the built-in walking foot and that is still a must for me.