Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 AM
lvaughan

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by lvaughan
I'm amazed you find time to quilt.

I became a nanny (grandmother) at 37. That was very hard to come to terms with, not for myself but for my daughter and the choices she made for herself.
I have to find time to quilt to keep my sanity. From the time I was a toddler I have been a compulsive crafter. It actually energizes me. Fortunately DH and the family recognizes that and support me.

I have one grand daughter, 8 months, and two grandsons that are angels. They are all from one son who is now 20 and the choices he made. I never see my grand daughter and I am not sure where she is at right now or her mother. The mother called twice since January if we would take our grand daughter but changed her mind on the last moment both times. I never dreamed how this would all affect me and then the death of my little grandsons. Parenting adult kids has knocked the air out of me. The little ones at home keep me focussed and going.
I know exactly what you mean, my daughter was 17 when my granddaughter was born. They lived at home, (with me, hubby and her two sisters) until granddaughter was 4 1/2. My daughter then left with her daughter and we haven't been able to see her since, 10 1/2 years. It was very hard on the family, it felt like someone had died. My other daughter has the four daughters and they keep me (Nanny) and Papa busy when we get to see them, which is often. They live a little over an hour away, just far enough that it has to be a planned trip. I keep trying to talk my husband into moving next door. Don't you know my Son-in-law would just love that. :D