View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:32 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

Oh, I can so relate to your problem. There are times when the quilt just goes into my UFO box and may never see the light of day again. Others, I have plodded on, quit and took breaks when I had to and eventually the quilt got done. Part of it may have been that it was a family reunion quilt that I was making in my sister's memory (she passed away shortly after the last family reunion 2 years ago), so it was a very emotional time for me as well. After deciding on the larger block, 10" v 15" I would put pieces in backwards, cut the background fabric too short, so ran out and had to use another white fabric. My husband helped me pin baste the now king size quilt (don't ask me how that happened), we had huge puckers, so unpin, then pin baste again, machine quilting it with my bad back, yet pictures were ready to send off to the reunion in NE, but the quilt didn't get there in time. However, everyone loved the quilt, I had finished a tribute to my sister, my best friend, and my niece was thrilled to have won the quilt. If y ou can't regroup and finish the quilt - put it in a safe place and forget about it. Let another generation finish the quilt. Keep the faith.